The AML / CTF regulations apply to legal professionals providing legal, notarial, trust or company secretarial services on behalf of clients (including planning, executing or assisting) in financial or real property transactions concerning:
- buying and selling of real property or business entities
- managing of client money, securities or other assets
- opening or management of bank, savings or securities accounts
- organisation of contributions necessary for the creation, operation or management of companies
- creation, operation or management of trusts, companies, foundations or similar structures
- insolvency and tax advice
- other transactions involving custody of funds as stakeholder or escrow agent or transfer of funds through their bank accounts.